Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What a musical week-end

Yea, I know its been a while since I've been here. I've been busy. I'm thinking that producing one show a month is about what I can do ;=)

Friday started out with a great shot from the "Tallahassee Democrat":
Check this out

The McKenzie Brothers with Jim Crozier at the Warehouse went off well. Rick Knowles joined us and Kathi and TD Giddings helped out all night long. I have a recording of "Hymn to Opportunity" with a lot of crowd noise, but really decent performance.

The real treat was when my old buddy Jimmy Lohman made a surprise visit from Austin, TX. He sat in for the last set - yea, that cat can play.

Saturday, the Jones Brothers Band did their annual gig at the "Big Chili" party which has been going on for 21 years now, with us as the band for the past 13 years. It is a Chili Cook-off but the judges are required to "cleanse the pallet" with Tequila between tastings - some interesting results - always ending up with us playing the hardest rock & roll we ever do - they want to boogie.

After that I visited friends a the Warehouse - The Bottom Dollar Boy$ - and another bluegrass band from out of town that I am not recalling the name of. All of Big Bend Bluegrass royalty was there.

Late night, John McKenzie, TDGiddings, and I played guitar in a circle until the wee hours - I am not used to playing guitar and got a blister on my thumb.

GREAT week-end.

love to all
jc





No comments: