Sunday, March 16, 2008

A great Birthday Week-end

It just happened to be my birthday. But, the other stuff going on was what really made the party.

Grant Peeples reserved the Wakulla County camp ground at Newport, Florida for a week-end long pickin’ party. Liz and Lon Williamson, Susan Brown, Jamie DeFrates, and Chip Harrington were all there from the St Augustine area. Jimi McKenzie, Dave Dickel, Floyd Matthews, Carrie Hamby, Frank Graham, Ross Beck, Minie Brattan, Mimi Hern, and Frank .... were just a few of the others there. I got there when I could.

I had another gig with Swing Shift on Saturday evening, and at noon Sunday, Tallahassee Swing opened the show at the annual Jazz and Blues Festival at the Tallahassee Museum. I stayed around for the afternoon to hear RoadHouse, the new band The Contenders, and ACME Rhythm & Blues.

No comments: